Are you struggling to grow your toastmaster club? Not sure how to attract new members? If you are frustrated about this and need a way to go about it, then this is for you.
One thing to note is that growth is necessary for every aspect of our lives, whether it is personal, business, education and so on.
You need to keep improving and developing. Of course, some toastmasters club take growth very seriously while some do not.
Whether you know or not, online marketing (or modern marketing as I would call it) has a very important role to play in the success of any club.
Why Online Marketing Matters?
Do you think people look at billboards these days? Well, they used to be a marketing strategy but not anymore.
Nowadays, people are mostly busy with their smartphones and other electronic devices. For you to know a business well, it means you also know the marketing strategies that work for it.
What works 20 years ago may not work well and produce results today.
The internet had dominated everything and there are more people to reach out to. With online marketing, you can reach your target audience and get more members for your toastmaster club.
Whether you are starting a new toastmaster club or you already have an existing one, online marketing has a great role to play.
There are a lot of online marketing platforms such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Bing and so on.
So most Toastmaster clubs waste time and money to use all marketing channels and not sure about how to choose the right digital marketing channels for their club?
What marketing channels to focus on in 2020?
Well, an answer to those questions, I’ll be sharing 5 simple marketing strategies that you can use to get more members for your toastmaster club in Christchurch, New Zealand and also to reach your target audience.
1. Create A Website That Turns Visitors Into Members
The first step towards getting more members is to create a website. Now, note that it has to be a responsive one.
In this way, you could easily turn your website visitors to potential members.
Your website design should be unique, easy to navigate and solve members’ problems, and engaging enough to make people want to know more.
Your home page can do all that magic. If your home page is great, then the visitor will be interested. Your website is your marketing tool and you should try to keep things as simple as possible.
You should build your website towards getting members for your toastmaster club and offer them a great user experience in general. Once you’ve created your website, every other thing follows.
After this, what next?
Get Inspired by This Toastmaster Club Website Example Design: Demo Site
2. Guide Your Website Visitors Towards Solutions To Their Problems
Every visitor has a reason for entering your website in the first place. You need to show them that you have an answer to their questions and a solution to their problems.
This should be done with your website content as it is a way to measure what you have to offer. Give out a strong and captivating headline, reviews, testimonials, call to action buttons, ideas, how you work and so on.
Let people know what they stand to gain by joining you. You could also include links to sites that will benefit your visitors.
In this way, they will visit more often and you will slowly capture their attention. Remember that conversion happens right there on your site and it starts with your visitors.
Also, don’t forget the basic things that would help your toastmaster club grow and not get stuck:
- A simple website design
- Choosing the right words to connect with your visitors
- An Attention-Grabbing headline
- The process to join your toastmaster club and price
- Testimonials and positive reviews from other members should be on your website
3. Setup Search Engine Optimization (SEO) For Your Website
The truth is that Google is the best platform to get new members and you can do that by setting your SEO right.
Getting visibility and a high ranking will help your toastmaster club because you will easily show up on the first page when people search for it. If it’s not so, then it will be difficult for you.
Here’s how you can help increase your ranking on Google:
- Include your site to Google console. Use this link to guide you: Google Webmasters
- You can use the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin to include your site to Google search console. It will help to connect and link your website to Google. Let your keywords be on the title, so it will be easy to get you on the first page.
- Install a free SSL certificate Let’s Encrypt for your website. Having SSL installed on your website has a lot of benefits. This includes helping your site to get to the top of the ranking.
- Set up a Google My Business page. Of course, you are aiming to get locals to join your club. So you can as well target them. People may either search for Toastmasters New Zealand or Toastmasters Christchurch to see the options Google would offer if they want to join a club in their location. So you see, location matters which is why connecting your website to a Google My Business page is a great step to take. Setting it up is absolutely free.
4. Send Emails And Connect With Your Audience
Using email helps you to connect with your members very well. Although you use social media pages, information may not get to everyone.
An email is a direct way of getting to each member.
People check their emails every day because they need to be informed and updated. Emails have a higher conversion rate than Facebook which makes it worth it.
You can easily integrate your club email list with your WordPress website using the WordPress Email Marketing plugin.
5. Remember Member Referrals
Every member of your toastmaster club is important.
This is because they can bring in more members too. While trying to get new members, try to build your current members and also encourage them.
Appreciate their efforts and work with them as a team. When this is happening constantly, there will be trust, challenge to do better, value and a zeal to achieve goals.
This is because as a leader, you used appreciation techniques, mentorship, empowerment, and value to make them better. Appreciate your members’ efforts and referrals will be done.
Finally, remember that whatever way you drive people to your website, it doesn’t make them members.
They are just visitors who you need to convert to members. Well, this conversion starts right from your website which is why you need a great website to ensure that.
Your marketing efforts must not be in vain. Therefore, keep your website simple and unique.
It will help you to get more members and grow your toastmaster club. If you are consistent with the five steps mentioned earlier, then you will be building a great toastmasters club.
If you need help with growing your toastmaster club, check out our pre-built toastmaster website template and It’s EASY, FASTER & Built with LOVE for anyone who wants to start growing their toastmaster club.